M.B.B.S, MS, Ortho
Year of Completion
|Visiting Physician and research fellow (Spine Division) NYU HJD
||New York University, USA
|Spine Foundation Fellow-ship (Dr. Bhojraj)
||Lilavati Hospital, and Breach Candy hospital
|Fellow Association of spine surgeons of India
||A.S.S.I (Association of spine surgeons of India)
|M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery)
Training Experience in Spine
- Visiting physician – NewYork University Hospital of Joint diseases (Spine division) – 2009.
- Associate spine surgeon – ‘The spine Clinic’ (Dr. Bhojraj) Lilavati hospital and research center and Breach candy hospital – 2008
- Spine Foundation Fellowship (Dr. Bhojraj) – Lilavati hospital and research center, Bandra, and Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai – yr 2006
- Attended workshops on endoscopic spine surgery esp- at Seoul (2014), Bangkok (2015), Germany (2017)
- Fellow ASSI – Low back pain research fellow – 2007.
Work Experience in Spine Surgery
- Worked as Asst Professor and worked as an exclusive spine surgeon at NKP Salve Medical college and Lata Mangeshkar Hospital Nagpur from August 2010 till December 2013
- Junior Spine Consultant – ‘The spine Clinic’(Dr. Bhojraj) Lilavati hospital and research center and Breach candy hospital – 2010
- Over 1200 spine surgeries conducted
- Spinal deformity correction (Anterior and Posterior)
- Craniovertebral junctions
- Goels technique
- Anterior transoral
- Anterior odontoid screw fixations
- Spine tumors – Extradural/ Intradural/ Intramedullary
- Minimally invasive fixation
- Currently developing spine endoscopy techniques
- Degenerative and traumatic spine – Anterior and posterior sx as required.
Current professional status
- Consultant Spine surgeon at RNH hospital, Dhantoli since 2011
- Assistant Prof (in Orthopedics) at NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences and Lata Mangeshkar Hospital for over 4 years. Involved in Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching during this tenure.
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Jaipur 2011
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Nagpur 2011
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Kanpur 2010
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Kolhapur 2010
- Instructor in Basic spine workshop – Nashik 2009
- Working as a Junior Consultant and Associated spine surgeon and involved in the training of Spine fellows in the spine clinic at ‘The spine clinic’ – Lilavati hospital and Breach candy hospital, Mumbai.
- Involved as an Instructor in postgraduate instructional course series at Lilavati hospital and research centre-2007
- Incharge of undergraduate teaching during the postgraduation period (M S Orthopaedics – 3 years) at G.M.C. Bhopal.
- Conducted symposium on Revision Spine surgery – ASSICON 2010 at Nagpur.
- Revision spine surgery – can we devise a classification system – ASSICON 2010 at Nagpur
- Project on Low back pain – Progress and few initial inferences – ASSICON 2008 at Chennai.
- Project on Low back pain – progress – ASSICON 2008 at Coimbatore
- When to do discectomy inpatient with LCS – A prospective introspection – ASSICON 2008 at Coimbatore
- Low back pain research – An Indian Perspective – XIV Annual conference on low back pain research –Palma de Mallorca 2007
- Project on low back pain in rural and urban poor and early results of this project – ASSICON in 2007 at Goa
- Project on Research on low back pain in rural and urban poor –at Wiroc in Mumbai in 2006.
- Spinal Instability in Ankylosing spondylitis. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2010, 44 (3), Pg 270-276.
- Variations of Iliolumbar veins during the anterior approach for spinal procedures. Journal of vascular surgery 2010, 51 (4), 1074
- Rare presentation of spinal chondrosarcoma with both intraspinal and intrathoracic extension. Journal of spinal surgery 2009 1 (1), 50-53.
- Post-surgical epidural haematoma: Complication of spine surgery: A rare case report. Journal of spinal surgery 2009 1(2), 119-121.